1. Project description
GET YOUR RIMINI EXPERIENCE is a format by Promozione Alberghiera, with the aim of creating and promote different travel and holiday experiences in Rimini and in the Romagna region through the worldwide travelers’ participation.
Exploration and discovery of the territory will be narrated through the personal point of view of 20 travelers who will be divided into four different teams, each one following a unique thematic experiential itinerary.
Get Your Rimini Experience is a real team contest where the team that will be able to convince more people to book and attract new travelers will be rewarded with a cash prize.
To each team, based on the preference selected in the application, will be assigned assigned a theme, a means of transport and the game rules book.
The “game rules” book called “Game Experience” describes the goals to be achieved, travel information required, resources to discover, local experiences to enjoy, mysteries to solve and a list of multimedia contents to be produced to narrate the entire travel and vacation experience in Rimini and Romagna.
Each team is made up of:
1 Local Guide
1 Social Influencer
To complete each stage of the tour, the four teams will have to produce a minimum and pre-determined number of multimedia contents (photos, videos, blog posts, radio podcasts, etc.) that will be published on the project platform to be viewed and be evaluated by the online community.
The challenge will take place within two weeks in June 2019: two teams each week for 3 days in the territory. All transport, food and accommodation costs are covered by the organizing agency.
Upon completion of the challenge, all the goals described in the game experience must have been achieved by the teams, the jury will rate the content produced and the engagement generated online: on this parameter, the jury will nominate the winner of the Game Experience.
2. Requisites for application
The applicants, leading figures in the initiative, must be 18 years of age. Minors under 18 can apply only if accompanied by an adult (ex. children of participants) and their application will be taken into consideration exclusively if they are bloggers/videomakers specialized in family travel or in the case of Social Influencers under 18 years-old.
Those who apply for the game experience must indicate which kind of drive licences they own (if they have it) and which kind of vehicles they can drive.
Requirements for all figures
In order to apply for the position of blogger it is necessary to have the following requisites:
- Have a blog with an average of at least 10.000 unique monthly views and/or an average of 20.000 monthly page views ;
- Have at least 3 social profiles active
In order to apply for the position of local guide / testimonial it is necessary to have the following requisites:
- Be born or resident in the Emilia-Romagna Region, preferably near Rimini, and / or have a continuous relationship with the territory;
- Be mother tongue or speak fluent Italian and speak at least one foreign language (English), or others including English;
In order to apply for the position of Videomaker / YouTuber it is necessary to have the following requisites:
- at least 2 social profiles, one of which must be Youtube and/or Vimeo
- Present a portfolio with video projects for tourism promotion and/or storytelling related to travel.
In order to apply for the position of Photographer it is necessary to have the following requisites:
- at least 2 social profiles, one of which must be Instagram and/or Flickr
- Present a portfolio with a selection of shots related to travel, tourism promotion projects or events.
In order to apply for the position of Social Star it is necessary to have the following requisites:
- Be active on at least 3 different social medias;
- Have a total social audience of at least 30.000 fans, friends and/or followers.
3. Procedure and terms for application
Application must take place through www.romagnawelcome.it.
Applications for “Get Your Rimini Experience” are open from October 25 2018 until March 1st 2019.
There are positions available for Bloggers | Social Influencers | Videomakers/YouTuber | Photographer | Local Gide/Testimonial.
Each participant can apply for a single position.
In order to participate it is necessary to fill out the contact form on the page www.romagnawelcome.it/become-a-candidate.
All candidates following other procedures for application, different from the above, will not be taken into consideration.
4. Parameters of evaluation and Panel of Judges
Parameters of evaluation
The following parameters will be used in order to evaluate team work:
- Satisfaction with the general requirements and the chosen position (Videomaker/YouTuber, Photographer, Travel Blogger, Local guide/Testimonial or Social Influencer )
- Evaluation of the quality of material produced in the past;
- Evaluation of the tone of voice / communicative approach to the objectives of the sector and the subject matter.
- Counting of the reservations for services, activities, itineraries made through the discount code provided during the game experience
Panel of judges
A quality jury will be made up of professionals nominated within Promozione Alberghiera, tourism experts and professionals nominated by the agency Happy Minds srl, responsible for the design and implementation of the entire project Get Your Rimini Experience.
5. Notification of Results and Reserve List
Notification of the results of the selection of candidates will be communicated by email to the address indicated at the application stage.
Candidates selected, who are unable to participate in the challenge, must inform the Agency within 72 hours and will be replaced by those directly under them in the classification.
Candidates who have not been selected for the trip – but whose application meets the requirements and rank immediately below the winners – will be placed in a reserve list.
Placing on the reserve list does not entail any right to the Panel of judges and does not guarantee that the participants will be selected to participate at a later stage of this initiative.
The winning team, chosen based on the parameters of evaluation indicated in point 4 of the challenge rules, will receive a cash prize of 5,000 euros (five thousand). An additional prize of 500 euros (five hundred) will be awarded to the participant who, through the personal discount code, will be able to convince the largest number of people to book and thererfore bring new travelers to the territory.
By signing up, the candidates declare to accept this challenge rules in all its parts.
All materials (videos, photos, texts) of communication and narrative produced by participants during the competition and/or uploaded to the platform www.romagnawelcome.it will be released by the participants in original size and in the Creative Commons license and it may be used by the Promozione Alberghiera, by their partners and by the Happy Minds Srl Agency, during and after the event for Romagna’s initiatives, projects, activities and promotion tools, also for commercial purposes.